Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mri Why Is It Recommended Chronic Pectoral/Shoulder Pain With Normal MRI?

Chronic Pectoral/Shoulder Pain with Normal MRI? - mri why is it recommended

During a bench press decline two years ago, with more weight than he could handle, I felt a strong sensation of tearing in the shoulder and chest muscle. There were no bruises, but my immediate pectoralis minor is slightly distorted in the armpits. As it does not seem as bad as all PEC tear when I saw that online searches, I feel like there is no need a doctor just for him to tell me to ask for peace. After one or two weeks before I started working with light weights and I felt a little uncomfortable, but he seemed fine. When I reached the weight, although I felt another sharp decline. I visited an orthopedic surgeon, said my CEP has been partially broken, but that should be conservative and to heal. I tried one years, rehabilitation with a physiotherapist, but she was alwaysdiscomfort, pain relief, many constants. I visited the surgeon insists that surgery is necessary (one years after the injury), but approached normal MRI. I have three other positions after six months without progress. They say that nothing happened, just a load of the CPS, said he had a tear in the muscle-tendon junction, but this is ridiculous, because they showed no stitches in the muscle and MRI, the structures appear to be intact, and said that although the MRI showed nothing more than he believes that the muscle-tendon junction was partially broken and the surgery was necessary. The last doctor in Boston, and even though the costs are extreme, seems to do this is not a feasible option because the other three voted against it.

I'm curious to know whyI am in constant pain and discomfort just with a lot of weightlifting in the chest and shoulder, when the MRI showed nothing? It happened two years ago, and it bothers me all the time. In fact, it was my life negatively, and I am at a loss what to do.

1 comments:

mistify said...

As good as MRI is not infallible. It is also only as good as the person to read. In other words, can read the radiologist to make a difference.

Another consideration ... perhaps, but a breast-crack in the upper lip, that have missed on standard MRI arthrogram, and can often be made to exclude this possibility.

Good luck

Post a Comment